Call for Proposal
Conducting Social Audit of BISWAS project at Jhapa and Morang
Sahara Nepal, with support from FAIRMED Foundation Nepal, has been implementing “Building Trust and Confidence among Neglected Tropical Diseases affected and Vulnerable Population - BISWAS” project in two districts (Jhapa and Morang) of Province 1 focusing on Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH) as the two key components, with Disability Inclusive Development (DID) and Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) as cross-cutting themes. The project aims to improve health and well-being of vulnerable communities, NTD affected individuals and people with disabilities. This will be achieved through capacity building of local health system actors and service providers. The targeted interventions will be implemented across 17 municipalities (10 in Jhapa and 7 in Morang) with higher burden of NTDs, where the project will identify clusters with poor, marginalized, and hard-to-reach communities and implement programs in collaboration with local government. This project has started since 1st August 2021.
Sahara Nepal would like to conduct a social audit of the project as a part of its commitment to accountability, transparency, and impact to the local communities, beneficiaries and stakeholders.
The overall objective of the assignment is to conduct social audit of BISWAS project in Jhapa and Morang districts to verify the implementation of the project and its impact to the targeted beneficiaries and concerned stakeholders in terms of partnership, capacity building, increasing awareness and health system strengthening for delivering quality health services.
Scope of the work:
The assignment must be completed within two weeks from the date of signing the agreement. During this period, social audit event should be conducted in different places with targeted beneficiaries and stakeholders at Jhapa and Morang with following scope of work:
· Study the BISWAS project documents, reports, and outcomes
· Develop a detailed survey plan with well-defined methodology, tools and present it to Sahara Nepal team for feedback and approval.
· Develop a checklist and data collection instruments for different methodologies such as Focused Group Discussion, Client Exit Interview, Key Informant Interview, Face-to-face Interview and Observation Checklist.
· Visit and observe project interventions and materials/equipment provided by the project
· Interview project beneficiaries, representatives of health institutions and local governments
· Organize public meetings
· Develop preliminary study findings and draft reports.
· Submit the final social audit report
The minimum criteria to apply;
· The consulting agency/ consultant(s) should be legally registered as per prevailing laws of Government of Nepal and should submit yearly financial audits, renewal and tax exemption certificate.
· Preference will be given to consulting agency/ consultant(s) with prior experience of conducting social audit in health sector.
· For individual consultant, primary consultant should have at least a Bachelor’s degree, have previous experience of conducting social audit in health sector, ability to produce high-quality reports.
· Local consulting agency/ consultant(s) are highly preferred
Interested and qualified consulting agency/ consultant(s) are invited to submit their Letter of Interest in the sealed envelope latest by 5th December, 2022 in the following address. The ToR can be requested by email to [email protected]. The proposals submitted without following "scope of work" as specified in "Terms of Reference" and after the submission deadline will not be considered. The shortlisted agencies/ individuals will be contacted for further process.
Charpane, Birtamod, Jhapa
Email: [email protected]
Note: Sahara Nepal reserves the right to reject the proposal without assigning any reason whatsoever.